“This has always been a favorite, so when I started cooking healthier, I tried different ways to lighten it. Less butter and fat-free half-and-half worked well, along with using a little flour to thicken the sauce. " Evelyn Slade - Fruita, CO
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add half-and-half. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Drain fettuccine; stir into pan. Stir in the shrimp, cheese and salt; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p62
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review