Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
“This has always been a favorite, so when I started cooking healthier, I tried different ways to lighten it. Less butter and fat-free half-and-half worked well, along with using a little flour to thicken the sauce. " Evelyn Slade - Fruita, CO
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually
- add half-and-half. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or
- until thickened. Drain fettuccine; stir into pan. Stir in the
- shrimp, cheese and salt; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley before
- serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 397 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 193 mg cholesterol, 670 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.