Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add half-and-half. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Drain fettuccine; stir into pan. Stir in the shrimp, cheese and salt; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo
Sort By :
This is a great simple recipe. I used raw shrimp and fried them in a pan with a bit of butter and garlic powder before adding them to the sauce. Delicious.
Just wondering, do you have to use cooked Shrimp, or could you add the raw shrimp and have it cook in the sauce? Obviously I am not a good cook or I would know the answer. So I look to you for help. The recipe sounds good, and I could do this. Just looking for a bit of help. Thanks!
JoyIsaacs -- You didn't review this recipe -- You reviewed your own! I can't review since I haven't tried it yet. I'm sure that following the recipe it will be just the way I like it. Have to give a rating in order to submit so I will give it 5 stars in anticipation of making it.
This was okay. Nothing great. It was missing something to give it the restaurant quality dish taste.
This was excellent. Definitely will make it again.