Shrimp Enchiladas with Green Sauce Recipe
- 16 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) green enchilada sauce
- Fresh salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a skillet, heat 1/2 cup oil over medium-high heat. In batches, fry tortillas 10 seconds on each side or until pliable (do not allow to crisp). Drain on paper towels. Cover with foil to keep warm and softened.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes, onions, garlic and cumin; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until onions are tender. Add shrimp; cook 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach; heat through.
- Place 1/4 cup shrimp mixture off center on each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up and place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, seam side down. Top with sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Enchiladas with Green Sauce(4)
Sort By :
Since my husband does not like shrimp, I had to substitute shrimp with chicken, but it was very good. I baked it without the enchilada sauce, I poured the sauce after baking. We loved it!
My husband and I liked this; the kids were so-so. I used only 1 can of salsa verde and that was plenty, we thought. The shrimp and veggies make a nice filling for the tortillas.
Followed directions, but it did not flip anybody's switch in my family.
Tried this recipe for the first time and really liked it. It's fairly easy but it is a little heavy on the spinach, if it isn't your favorite vegetable.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Shrimp Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >