Shrimp Enchiladas with Green Sauce Recipe
- 16 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) green enchilada sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a skillet, heat 1/2 cup oil over medium-high heat. In batches, fry tortillas 10 seconds on each side or until pliable (do not allow to crisp). Drain on paper towels. Cover with foil to keep warm and softened.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes, onions, garlic and cumin; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until onions are tender. Add shrimp; cook 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach; heat through.
- 3. Place 1/4 cup shrimp mixture off center on each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up and place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, seam side down. Top with sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
2 enchiladas (calculated without salsa) equals 479 calories, 24 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 810 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Enchiladas with Green Sauce
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.