Shrimp Egg Foo Yong Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) chop suey vegetables, drained
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined cooked small shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- GREEN PEA SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chop suey vegetables, shrimp and green onions. Stir in eggs. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Drop vegetable mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet. Cook in batches until browned on both sides, using remaining oil as needed.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and bouillon. Gradually stir in water and soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in peas; heat through. Serve with egg foo yong. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 242 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 298mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Shrimp Egg Foo Yong
"Cut up some mushrooms to use instead of the shrimp--turned out delicious! Easy and low-calorie too."
"I made this last evening for my hubby and I. YUM! The only change I made was that I used medium sized shrimp which presented nice chunks of meat. I served Jasmine rice, the rest of the peas, and egg rolls on the side. Beautiful dinner. Beautiful plate. Will definitely make this one again!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.