Shrimp Egg Drop Soup
Who knew that egg drop soup could be so easy? It’s just three simple steps to this better-than-restaurant quality soup with just the right blend of veggies and shrimp. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen home-style egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and 1/2
- cup cold water; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine broth and remaining water. Bring to a
- simmer; add noodles. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add broccoli
- and carrot; simmer 3-4 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
- Drizzle beaten egg into hot soup, stirring constantly. Stir
- cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add shrimp; heat
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 241 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 196 mg cholesterol, 1,050 mg sodium,