Shrimp Egg Drop Soup Recipe
Who knew that egg drop soup could be so easy? It’s just three simple steps to this better-than-restaurant quality soup with just the right blend of veggies and shrimp. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen home-style egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and 1/2 cup cold water; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine broth and remaining water. Bring to a simmer; add noodles. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add broccoli and carrot; simmer 3-4 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
- 3. Drizzle beaten egg into hot soup, stirring constantly. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add shrimp; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 241 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 196 mg cholesterol, 1,050 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC