Shrimp Egg Drop Soup Recipe
Who knew that egg drop soup could be so easy? It’s just three simple steps to this better-than-restaurant quality soup with just the right blend of veggies and shrimp. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen home-style egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and 1/2 cup cold water; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine broth and remaining water. Bring to a simmer; add noodles. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add broccoli and carrot; simmer 3-4 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
- Drizzle beaten egg into hot soup, stirring constantly. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add shrimp; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Egg Drop Soup in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p12
Reviews for Shrimp Egg Drop Soup(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2011
It was good soup, but didn't look anything like egg drop soup you get in an Asian restaurant. I might make again tho.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Soups >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Seafood Soup >
- Shrimp Pasta Recipes >
- Shrimp Recipes >
- Shrimp Soup >
- Simple Quick Recipes >