- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen home-style egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and 1/2 cup cold water; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine broth and remaining water. Bring to a simmer; add noodles. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add broccoli and carrot; simmer 3-4 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
- Drizzle beaten egg into hot soup, stirring constantly. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add shrimp; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Shrimp Egg Drop Soup
"Very tasty, but I think next time I will add a bit more soy sauce for flavor."
"It was a good soup, but I found it a little bland so I added garlic salt to taste."
"Yummy, does taste like the resteraunt. :)"
"This is very good and very quick. I used dry egg noodles from my pantry also. Served it with a tossed salad. So easy!"