Shrimp Dip with Cream Cheese Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper until smooth. Fold in shrimp and onion. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 59 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Shrimp Dip with Cream Cheese
"This was just not good at all. Very bland...no other words for it. Waste of ingredients."
"I have made this shrimp cheese dip for years with a few additions. First - I add a tablespoon of horseradish to give it a great kick. I also use more Worcestershire sauce (usually about 1 tablespoon). I chop the shrimp up in a food processor before mixing with the other ingredients. Also, I form it into a round shape before refrigerating. To serve, a put the shrimp on a plate and cover it with seafood sauce. Delicious!"
"Bunch of f*ckn whiners on here... Its bland. WAH!! Have a big bowl of [expletive]!! This recipe is amazing and tasty"
"This was just okay and somewhat bland. I prefer the Shrimp Cucumber Spread on this site which is similar with more flavor."
"I've made this recipe for years to rave reviews. My husband just asked me to make it for Christmas. I add a little parsley and/or sliced black or green olives."
"Did not care for this dip at all! It had no real taste, very bland. I kept added 1 tsp hot sauce, and a spicy salt seasoning to get some taste to it. Won't make it again."
"Made this recipe for years. Lost it and then found it here again!!!"