Here’s a tasty way to add seafood to your diet. It’s great with chicken, too. Either way, your family will request this satisfying dish again and again! Agnes Ward - Stratford, ON
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute onion and curry in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to
- a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add the shrimp, sugar, salt and ginger. Cook and stir
- over medium heat until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; stir
- in lemon juice. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup shrimp mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 305 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium,