Shrimp Curry Rice Recipe
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained or 1 cup frozen cooked salad shrimp
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Place water and butter in a large saucepan; stir in the rice, contents of rice seasoning packet and curry powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Add shrimp and bacon. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 cup: 320 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 1604mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Curry Rice
"Simple and good! My family liked it."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.