Shrimp Curry Rice Recipe
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained or 1 cup frozen cooked salad shrimp
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Place water and butter in a large saucepan; stir in the rice, contents of rice seasoning packet and curry powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Add shrimp and bacon. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 320 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 1,604 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Curry Rice
"Simple and good! My family liked it."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.