Shrimp Curry Rice
"There aren't any leftovers when I serve my family this fast and easy dish," says Sandi Rush of Athens, Texas. Convenient canned or frozen shrimp rounds out the flavors of this quick but classic entree.
2-3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained or 1 cup frozen cooked salad shrimp
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place water and butter in a large saucepan; stir in the rice,
- contents of rice seasoning packet and curry powder. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp and bacon. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until
- liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 320 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 1,604 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.