"There aren't any leftovers when I serve my family this fast and easy dish," says Sandi Rush of Athens, Texas. Convenient canned or frozen shrimp rounds out the flavors of this quick but classic entree.
Featured In: 29 Healthy Winter Skillet Meals
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained or 1 cup frozen cooked salad shrimp
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place water and butter in a large saucepan; stir in the rice, contents of rice seasoning packet and curry powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp and bacon. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Curry Rice in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Curry Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2011
"Simple and good! My family liked it."