"There aren't any leftovers when I serve my family this fast and easy dish," says Sandi Rush of Athens, Texas. Convenient canned or frozen shrimp rounds out the flavors of this quick but classic entree.
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained or 1 cup frozen cooked salad shrimp
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Place water and butter in a large saucepan; stir in the rice, contents of rice seasoning packet and curry powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp and bacon. Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Curry Rice in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Curry Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2011
"Simple and good! My family liked it."