Shrimp Curry Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute onion and curry in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add the shrimp, sugar, salt and ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Curry(4)
Sort By :
Will definitely make this again. My husband and I loved it. I increased the curry to 2 tsp, because we are curry hounds! We served it over brown rice - very tasty. It does make a bit of sauce but when put over the rice, it's perfect. Very easy to make - took longer to peel the shrimp than it did to cook it all up!
This dish is delicious. I have made it several times per my children's request. I just used the frozen raw shrimp (thawed)..it worked great!
We totally loved this dish (my kids too)..we topped the rice with the shrimp curry--it was delicious.It only made 3 servings for us though.
Boo. There was way too much liquid. I let it thicken, but still...if you try it, try less milk and broth. You can always add more.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >