- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 envelope bearnaise sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs and butter. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- For filling, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add broccoli, onions, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 7-9 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Remove mixture from the pan and set aside. Add the shrimp, wine or broth, and remaining garlic and Worcestershire sauce to the pan. Saute until shrimp turn pink, about 4 minutes. Return broccoli mixture to skillet.
- Spoon filling down center of crepes; roll. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Meanwhile, prepare Bearnaise sauce according to package directions. Serve with crepes. Yield: 8 servings (16 crepes).
Originally published as Shrimp Crepes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p62
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shrimp Crepes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2012
"May family loved these."