Shrimp Creole Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, celery and garlic in oil until tender. Add the tomato sauce, oregano and bay leaf. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the shrimp; cook 3 minutes longer. Discard bay leaf. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 228 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 1,163 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Creole
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.