- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup clam juice or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, celery and garlic in oil until tender. In a small bowl, combine the clam juice or broth and tomato paste; add to the pan along with parsley and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in shrimp; cook 5-6 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Creole in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p58
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Creole For 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review