Years ago, when we visited relatives on the eastern coast of North Carolina, they served this dish. I asked for the recipe and it became one of our favorite meals. -Edna Boothe, Richmond, Virginia
Recommended: 27 Easy Shrimp Recipes for Weeknight Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, celery and garlic in oil until tender. Add the tomato sauce, oregano and bay leaf. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp; cook 3 minutes longer. Discard bay leaf. Serve over rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Creole in Reminisce September/October 2002, p50
Reviews forShrimp Creole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2008
"Very good. The second time I made it with a about 3/4 of the tomato sauce it called for since the first time I thought there was too much sauce."