- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- SHRIMP CORN CAKES:
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (about 1 small)
- 1 tablespoon oil plus additional for frying, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and chill until serving.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir onion in 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turns pink. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix the corn, egg and shrimp mixture; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. In batches, drop corn mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls into oil; fry 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce. Yield: 2 dozen (2/3 cup sauce).
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Shrimp Corn Cakes with Soy Mayo
Sort By :
Great recipe usually serve these with chicken andouille gumbo featured in same issue of taste of home. Not a big fan of soy sauce have not tried mayo. These really don't need a sauce taste good plain.
These were AMAZING! Such incredible flavor and these cakes really are excellent with the soy mayo. I have even used some of the leftover soy mayo as a spread to jazz up turkey sandwiches.
Made this for father's day and my husband and father really enjoyed it...came back for third and fourths!!!!
Amazing. Like being at the State Fair only better: No crowds. I will make this again for friends.