Shrimp Corn Bread Dressing Recipe
A co-worker from Louisiana shared hearty helpings of this delightful dressing (and copies of the recipe!) more than 20 years ago. It's been a "must" on my Thanksgiving menu ever since.
- 7 cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes or crushed seasoned stuffing
- 3 cups crumbled corn bread
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each black, white and cayenne pepper
- Celery leaves, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring 5 cups of water and seafood seasoning to a boil. Add shrimp; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain; set aside three shrimp for garnish. Chop the remaining shrimp.
- In a large skillet, saute onion, celery, green pepper and green onions in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, corn bread, chopped shrimp, sauteed vegetables and seasonings. Stir in the remaining water. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Garnish with celery leaves if desired and reserved shrimp. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Corn Bread Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p133
Reviews for Shrimp Corn Bread Dressing(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review