- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked small shrimp
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the onion, milk, soups, corn, Creole seasoning and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Stir in shrimp and cream cheese. Cook 30 minutes longer or until shrimp are heated through and cheese is melted. Stir to blend. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Shrimp Chowder
Sort By :
"This was so easy and delicious! According to the nutritional information it has only 5 weight watcher points per serving....shocking because it tasted so rich! I will definitely make this again."
"Delicious and easy, and everyone very much enjoyed. Classy enough to serve for a fancy shindig, but simple to make for a family night dinner. Loved that you included the side recipe for the Creole seasoning. Thanks!"
"Really good and so easy to make!!"
"Fantastic! I made half the portion and threw it into the crock pot all at once put it on high for an hour and half and the family loved it. They ate the whole batch."
"I have made this recipe for football playoff games and superbowl. I have always received compliments on this dish. I do use a can of shrimp soup instead of chicken and also add crab meat. This is a easy and delicious dish for those cold football days."