I'm a first-grade teacher who has hectic evenings, so I appreciate this dish. I can make it with items I have on hand, plus it tastes great. My husband requests it often.—Kelly Corrigan, Crawfordville, Florida
Recommended: Top 10 Shrimp Recipes
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sherry or additional chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes. Add onions; saute for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the soup, cream, broth and sherry. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended; stir in cheese until melted. Add the chicken, shrimp and parsley; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Chicken Skillet in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p107
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Chicken Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2011
"This recipe was extremely too thick for my liking. 1 can of soup is enough, like the previous reviewer stated."
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2010