Shrimp Cantonese Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, torn
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Add soy sauce and pepper; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry onions and celery in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Add spinach and mixed vegetables; stir-fry 4-6 minutes longer or until spinach is tender.
- 3. Stir broth mixture and stir into shrimp mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium broth, reduced-sodium soy sauce and reduced-fat butter; calculated without rice) equals 131 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Shrimp Cantonese
"This is delicious, the sauce tastes just like the best chop suey."
"I have been looking for Buttered Shrimp. Do you have that receipe?"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.