- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, torn
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Add soy sauce and pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry onions and celery in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Add spinach and mixed vegetables; stir-fry 4-6 minutes longer or until spinach is tender.
- Stir broth mixture and stir into shrimp mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Cantonese in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006 , p26
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Cantonese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2012
"This is delicious, the sauce tastes just like the best chop suey."
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2008
"I have been looking for Buttered Shrimp. Do you have that receipe?"