Could there be a breezier way to start a party or celebration? This simple but oh-so special appetizer from Sarah Vasques of Milford, New Hampshire, will disappear before your eyes!
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup PHILADELPHIA® Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread, crusts removed
- 32 cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges and halved
- Spread cream cheese on one side of each slice of bread. Cut each
- slice into four triangles. Top with shrimp and seafood sauce.
- Garnish with lemon. Yield: 32 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 canape equals 43 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer