Shrimp Canapes Recipe
- 2/3 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread, crusts removed
- 32 cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges and halved
- 1. Spread cream cheese on one side of each slice of bread. Cut each slice into four triangles. Top with shrimp and seafood sauce. Garnish with lemon. Yield: 32 servings.
1 canape equals 43 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer