Could there be a breezier way to start a party or celebration? This simple but oh-so special appetizer from Sarah Vasques of Milford, New Hampshire, will disappear before your eyes!
Recommended: 25 Cucumber Recipes to Make This Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread, crusts removed
- 32 cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges and halved
- Spread cream cheese on one side of each slice of bread. Cut each slice into four triangles. Top with shrimp and seafood sauce. Garnish with lemon. Yield: 32 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Canapes in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p10