Shrimp Blitz Recipe
On a hot summer day, this refreshing soup really hits the spot. I've made it for special-occasion luncheons as well as for casual dinners with friends.
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a blender, combine clam juice and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a large serving bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Shrimp Blitz in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p41
Reviews for Shrimp Blitz(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review