Shrimp Bisque Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Fresh cilantro, cubed avocado and additonal shrimp, optional
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended. Stir in the water, cream, chili powder, bouillon, cumin and coriander; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut shrimp into bite-size pieces; add to soup. Simmer 5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Gradually stir 1/2 cup hot soup into sour cream; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Heat through (do not boil). Garnish with cilantro, avocado and additional shrimp if desired. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Shrimp Bisque(6)
Sort By :
I thought this sounded pretty good when I read over the recipe. When I tasted it though, let me tell you - I WAS TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY. It is AMAZING!!! Definitely deserves to be served for a special holiday meal or some other special occasion. YUM.
I the recipe exactly as shown and it got rave reviews from my entire family. I'll definitely make it again, but next time I'll double it!
I made this to take to a Girls Ceasar Salad Night and it was a huge hit! I let my 17 yr. old son try it before I left and he said that it was the best soup he had ever eaten. Needless to say he was less than thrilled that I left the house with it for others to indulge. The only changes I made were instead of using the whipping cream, full sour cream and uncooked shrimp, I did use half and half, light sour cream and cooked shrimp which I threw in towards the end just to heat up. Fantastic! Thanks for sharing!
I did not add the chili powder. My husband asked to have it again. Very good.
We absolutely love this soup and I always double it because I don't want to find another use for the leftover cream and the flavors are blended even better the second day. I don't let is stay in the refrigerator longer than about 2 days after serving because of the shrimp. I nearly always used cooked peeled shrimp and just add them a little later in the cooking process since they just need to get warmed up.