This salad can be served as a cool and satisfying dinner or lunch. The delicious taste of avocados mixed with the crisp shrimp salad is heavenly. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
Featured In: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- Lime wedges
- Place first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Mix lime juice, vinegar, oil and adobo seasoning; stir into shrimp mixture. Refrigerate, covered, to allow flavors to blend, about 1 hour.
- To serve, gently stir in avocados. Serve over lettuce. Serve with lime wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Avocado Salad in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p177
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp Avocado Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review