Shrimp Asparagus Fettuccine Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated fettuccine
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Bring 4 quarts water to a boil. Add fettuccine and asparagus. Boil for 2-3 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute shrimp in 2 tablespoons oil for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- 3. Drain fettuccine mixture; add to skillet. Stir in the basil, salt, pepper and remaining oil; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 394 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 165 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.