Shrimp Appetizer Spread
There's no secret to this creamy seafood appetizer—its simply delicious! "I first tasted it at a friend's house and like it so much, I requested the recipe," tells Brenda Buhler of Abbotsford, British Columbia. "It's since become a family favorite!"
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 12 ounces frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions with tops, sliced
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise
- until smooth.
- Spread mixture on a round 12-in. serving platter. Top with seafood
- sauce. Sprinkle with shrimp, mozzarella, green pepper, tomato and
- onions. Cover and refrigerate. Serve with crackers. Yield: 20
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer