Shrimp and Vegetable Kabobs Recipe
These colorful kabobs from our Test Kitchen home economists pair special shrimp and garden-fresh vegetables for a memorable main dish that's often requested. You can use whatever veggies you like.
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, parsley and basil. Alternate the vegetables and shrimp on eight metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes, turning once. Baste with dressing mixture. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender, turning and basting frequently. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp and Vegetable Kabobs in Taste of Home's Grilling 2004, p41
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp and Vegetable Kabobs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Mushrooms >
- Grilled Seafood >
- Grilled Shrimp >
- Grilled Shrimp Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Mushroom Grilling Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Dinner >
- Rice Recipes >