Shrimp and Vegetable Kabobs
These colorful kabobs from our Test Kitchen home economists pair special shrimp and garden-fresh vegetables for a memorable main dish that's often requested. You can use whatever veggies you like.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, parsley and basil.
- Alternate the vegetables and shrimp on eight metal or soaked wooden
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes, turning once. Baste
- with dressing mixture. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn
- pink and vegetables are tender, turning and basting frequently.
- Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 244 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 630 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon