Shrimp and Vegetable Kabobs Recipe
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, parsley and basil. Alternate the vegetables and shrimp on eight metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 2. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes, turning once. Baste with dressing mixture. Grill 3-4 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender, turning and basting frequently. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 244 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Shrimp and Vegetable Kabobs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.