Shrimp and Scallop Kabobs Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 uncooked large shrimp (about 1/2 pound)
- 16 sea scallops (about 2 pounds)
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in the Cajun seasoning, pepper sauce, garlic powder and onion powder; set aside 1/2 cup butter mixture for serving and keep warm.
- 2. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and scallops.
- 3. Place skewers on greased grill rack. Cook, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque, basting occasionally with butter mixture. Serve with reserved butter. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 399 calories, 35g fat (22g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp and Scallop Kabobs
"I just love to cook, grill, bake, etc.,etc. ! ! ! Loves shrimp, not scallops (husband does)"
"Tp LBrouse-Weber makes a N'Orleans Cajun Seasoning if your grocer carries it. Website is www.weber.com for spice aadvice 1-800-247-5251. Hope it helps."
"This is awesome and I will make it again. We all love seafood!!"
"I'm making this for our Canada Day dinner. We love spice and seafood. I just don't add quite so much hot sauce! And a note to LBrouse - try googling "homemade spice mixes" and you'll find several for Cajun seasoning."
"This sounds wonderful! But what's a good substitute for "cajun seasoning"? Or what is it comprised of?"
"I have made this for a few bbqs at our home and it is always a hit. As delicious as it would be with scallops, I have only made it with defrosted raw shrimp (about 50-70 ct size) because they are a little more cost effective for us. We also don't skewer-We have one of those stainless steel flat things with holes in the bottom that you can put on the grill so smaller items don't fall through. I just use a large spactula and flip them over and baste (carefule of flames shooting up from the butter) Then we put them in a serving dish so you can spoon some on your plate- A little easier if you have multiple things going on and being prepped etc... but the skewers would be lovely for presentation and smaller intimate gatherings. Served with grilled ribeye and a spinach salad... YUM! I do cheat a bit- I dip my steak in the extra seasoned butter- So bad for me but it tastes SOOOO good. Thanks so much for the recipe!"
"Very awesome flavor! We used garlic Tabasco and included more of it since we like it spicier,"
"This dish was awesome! Made it for a dinner party last night and followed the recipe to a "T". What a great flavor it had. I expected this dish to be really spicy, but it had a nice mellow blend to it. If you want heat, you will want to add more hot pepper sauce. I will definitely be making this again. YUM...."