Shrimp and Scallop Kabobs
“These seafood kabobs are a big hit with everyone who loves spicy food. Don’t forget to use the extra seasoned butter as a dipping sauce!” Mitzi Sentiff — Annapolis, Maryland
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 uncooked large shrimp (about 1/2 pound)
- 16 sea scallops (about 2 pounds)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in the Cajun seasoning,
- pepper sauce, garlic powder and onion powder; set aside 1/2 cup
- butter mixture for serving and keep warm.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. On four metal or soaked
- wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and scallops.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or
- broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until
- shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque, basting
- occasionally with butter mixture. Serve with reserved butter. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 kabob with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 399 calories, 35 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 813 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.