- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 uncooked large shrimp (about 1/2 pound)
- 16 sea scallops (about 2 pounds)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in the Cajun seasoning, pepper sauce, garlic powder and onion powder; set aside 1/2 cup butter mixture for serving and keep warm.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and scallops.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque, basting occasionally with butter mixture. Serve with reserved butter. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp and Scallop Kabobs
Sort By :
I just love to cook, grill, bake, etc.,etc. ! ! ! Loves shrimp, not scallops (husband does)
Tp LBrouse-Weber makes a N'Orleans Cajun Seasoning if your grocer carries it. Website is www.weber.com for spice aadvice 1-800-247-5251. Hope it helps.
This is awesome and I will make it again. We all love seafood!!
I'm making this for our Canada Day dinner. We love spice and seafood. I just don't add quite so much hot sauce! And a note to LBrouse - try googling "homemade spice mixes" and you'll find several for Cajun seasoning.
This sounds wonderful! But what's a good substitute for "cajun seasoning"? Or what is it comprised of?