“These seafood kabobs are a big hit with everyone who loves spicy food. Don’t forget to use the extra seasoned butter as a dipping sauce!” Mitzi Sentiff — Annapolis, Maryland
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 uncooked large shrimp (about 1/2 pound)
- 16 sea scallops (about 2 pounds)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in the Cajun seasoning, pepper sauce, garlic powder and onion powder; set aside 1/2 cup butter mixture for serving and keep warm.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and scallops.
- Place skewers on greased grill rack. Cook, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque, basting occasionally with butter mixture. Serve with reserved butter. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp and Scallop Kabobs in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p44
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp and Scallop Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review