- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked couscous or rice
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, optional
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and green pepper in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, onions, basil, chili powder, garlic and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp, scallops, salt and pepper. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Serve with couscous. Garnish with sliced basil if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp and Scallop Couscous
Sort By :
My family loves this recipe. It has lots of fresh vegetables that make it colorful and full of flavor. A great recipe for summer
Boring! And a waste of shrimp and scallops. Sorry to be harsh. But we did not care for this at all.
Loved the flavors.
ver little flavor. Will use more herbs next time, maybe a regular onion instead of green onions, too.
We enjoyed this recipe and I thought it was easy to make. I accidentally used less tomatoes, but I still didn't feel that there was enough liquid in the pan to "boil" and "simmer" so I added water in to help the process. We used couscous which gave it fantastic texture.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >