Shrimp and Rice Salad Recipe
This salad is popular in our community, where seafood of all kinds is readily available. It’s great for summer picnics, but I serve it year-round. The shrimp, rice, olives, celery and hard-cooked eggs—with a mustard and mayonnaise dressing—make a nice combination.
- 3 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups cooked small shrimp
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, sliced
- Place hot rice in a large bowl. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over rice; cool to room temperature. Add the celery, shrimp, olives, mayonnaise, pickle, pimientos and onion: toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Garnish with egg slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp and Rice Salad in Country October/November 2005, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp and Rice Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review