Shrimp and Rice Casserole Recipe
- 12 ounces cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, rice, soup, mushrooms, cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, green pepper, onion, lemon juice, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and remaining butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 333 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Shrimp and Rice Casserole
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.