I've been making this delicious dish for more than 30 years, and it hasn't failed me once. It's fast to fix plus it always pleases family and friends.—Marcia Urschel, Webster, New York
- 12 ounces cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, rice, soup, mushrooms, cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, green pepper, onion, lemon juice, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and remaining butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Rice Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p115
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp and Rice Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review