Shrimp and Pineapple Pinwheels Recipe
My girlfriend and I are caters and are always dreaming up new recipes. For a festive look, use spinach or tomato tortillas. —Susanne Steele, Phoenix, Arizona
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + chilling YIELD:36 servings
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 flavored flour tortillas (12 inches), room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained and patted dry
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a large skillet, saute shrimp in butter until shrimp turn pink; remove from the heat. Drizzle with honey and toss to coat; set aside to cool.
- 2. Spread each tortilla with a thin layer of cream cheese; top with pineapple, cilantro and shrimp. Roll up tightly; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Just before serving, unwrap roll-ups and cut into 1-in. slices. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 76 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC