My girlfriend and I are caters and are always dreaming up new recipes. For a festive look, use spinach or tomato tortillas. —Susanne Steele, Phoenix, Arizona
Featured In: 25 Christmas Potluck Appetizers for 12 or More
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 flavored flour tortillas (12 inches), room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained and patted dry
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp in butter until shrimp turn pink; remove from the heat. Drizzle with honey and toss to coat; set aside to cool.
- Spread each tortilla with a thin layer of cream cheese; top with pineapple, cilantro and shrimp. Roll up tightly; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, unwrap roll-ups and cut into 1-in. slices. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Shrimp and Pineapple Pinwheels in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p10
Reviews for Shrimp and Pineapple Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review