Shrimp and Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cooked instant brown rice
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add eggs. Cook and stir until set; remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, pineapple, shrimp, cashews, peas and green onions; heat through. Combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar, sesame oil and pepper; stir into rice mixture. Stir in eggs. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 342 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp and Pineapple Fried Rice
"Very easy and delicious. Great for a week night meal for a working family. My husband and 3-year old daughter loved it. Will definitely make again."
"I made this tonight and we ate every bite. Enjoyed the pineapple, nuts,, and egg, but I don't think I will make this again. It was easy to prepare and if you're feeding a family it would make a great week night meal. Sorry, we just didn't enjoy it enough to add to my recipe box."
"Mmm! So good! I made the following changes: 4 eggs, white jasmine rice, chicken AND shrimp (some of us like shrimp and some like chicken), and 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots."
"Easy and delicious!"
"I just had to write a review...this was delicious!"
"DELISH!! loved the cashews in it."
"This is a very flavorful one dish meal. It's also easy to prepare and quick. Perfect for a busy weeknight supper."
"I was craving this kind of flavor, so we did this recipe and loved it! Great combination of the shrimp and pineapple."
"This received 5 stars from the hubby! It is very flavorful and filling."
"one of the best new HC recipes I've tried lately. Loved it!!"
"I was a little hesitant to put the pineapple in the dish, but I did and loved it. Great combination of flavors."
"this was an easy meal to prepare and it got rave reviews at my home. A great combination of flavors. I did add double the peas and used smaller shrimp. Fantastic"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.