- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cooked instant brown rice
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add eggs. Cook and stir until set; remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, pineapple, shrimp, cashews, peas and green onions; heat through. Combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar, sesame oil and pepper; stir into rice mixture. Stir in eggs. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp and Pineapple Fried Rice
"This seems to be more than 6 servings. My husband and I had mixed feelings about it. I enjoyed everything but the pineapple (I thought it just didn't seem to go well with the other flavors). He said he liked the pineapple but felt everything else needed more flavor. The only things I did differently was add in a stir fry mix of veggies instead of just peas, and used white rice instead of brown. Everything else was exactly as written. All-in-all I'd probably make this again but I'd tweak it."
"Made this for a quick meal. We used 2 cups of diced ham in place of shrimp.Had all the ingredients on hand and we like white rice instead of brown rice.Will definitely make this again. Lots of flavor."
"Very easy and delicious. Great for a week night meal for a working family. My husband and 3-year old daughter loved it. Will definitely make again."
"I made this tonight and we ate every bite. Enjoyed the pineapple, nuts,, and egg, but I don't think I will make this again. It was easy to prepare and if you're feeding a family it would make a great week night meal. Sorry, we just didn't enjoy it enough to add to my recipe box."
"Easy and delicious!"
"I just had to write a review...this was delicious!"
"DELISH!! loved the cashews in it."
"This is a very flavorful one dish meal. It's also easy to prepare and quick. Perfect for a busy weeknight supper."
"I was craving this kind of flavor, so we did this recipe and loved it! Great combination of the shrimp and pineapple."