- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cooked instant brown rice
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add eggs. Cook and stir until set; remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the rice, pineapple, shrimp, cashews, peas and green onions; heat through. Combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar, sesame oil and pepper; stir into rice mixture. Stir in eggs. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp and Pineapple Fried Rice
Sort By :
"I made this tonight and we ate every bite. Enjoyed the pineapple, nuts,, and egg, but I don't think I will make this again. It was easy to prepare and if you're feeding a family it would make a great week night meal. Sorry, we just didn't enjoy it enough to add to my recipe box."
"Mmm! So good! I made the following changes: 4 eggs, white jasmine rice, chicken AND shrimp (some of us like shrimp and some like chicken), and 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots."
"Easy and delicious!"
"I just had to write a review...this was delicious!"
"DELISH!! loved the cashews in it."