Shrimp and Pasta Supper Recipe
This skillet dish is so easy to make on those busy days, and it's delicious, too! I got the recipe at a covered-dish luncheon at my church. I liked it so much, I asked for the recipe, and I like to share it with others. Folks are surprised that it's so easy to make - but don't tell anyone!
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (28 ounces) chunky spaghetti sauce
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and celery in butter until shrimp turn pink. Stir in spaghetti and pepper sauces. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Drain linguine. Add linguine and peas to shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese. Heat until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 491 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 965mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 6g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp and Pasta Supper
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC