Shrimp and Pasta Supper Recipe
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (28 ounces) chunky spaghetti sauce
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and celery in butter until shrimp turn pink. Stir in spaghetti and pepper sauces. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Drain linguine. Add linguine and peas to shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese. Heat until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 491 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 965 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.