Shrimp and Pasta Supper Recipe
This skillet dish is so easy to make on those busy days, and it's delicious, too! I got the recipe at a covered-dish luncheon at my church. I liked it so much, I asked for the recipe, and I like to share it with others. Folks are surprised that it's so easy to make - but don't tell anyone!
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (28 ounces) chunky spaghetti sauce
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and celery in butter until shrimp turn pink. Stir in spaghetti and pepper sauces. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain linguine. Add linguine and peas to shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese. Heat until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp and Pasta Supper in Country Extra May 1991, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp and Pasta Supper(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >