Shrimp and Olive Rigatoni Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional fresh basil, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute garlic and onions in oil for 1 minute. Add shrimp and wine; cook for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in the basil, parsley, lemon peel, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add olives and anchovies.
- 3. Drain the pasta; stir into skillet. Add tomatoes and pimientos; return to the heat and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with basil leaves if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1-2/3 cup: 359 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 793mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Shrimp and Olive Rigatoni
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.