Shrimp and Ham Alfredo
"This fast dinner for two is one of my favorites," writes Cindy Preston, who shares a simple way to dress up a boxed pasta mix. "While it's cooking, I toast some garlic bread and warm up some green beans," adds the Benkelman, Nebraska cook.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (4.7 ounces) fettuccine noodles and Alfredo sauce mix
- 10 frozen peeled cooked medium shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- In a large saucepan, prepare noodles and sauce mix according to
- package directions. Stir in the shrimp, ham, garlic powder and
- cayenne; heat through. Sprinkle with onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.