Shrimp and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and finely chopped
- 1 log (4 ounces) herbed fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound whole baby portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- 1. Combine the shrimp, goat cheese, onions, bread crumbs, ginger, pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mound shrimp mixture into mushroom caps and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Drizzle with sesame oil.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Garnish with green onions if desired. Serve warm. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 stuffed mushroom: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Shrimp and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
"These were pretty good. Nobody really raved about them at my party, but those who like mushrooms enjoyed them. I have never worked with goat cheese before and found the cheese log a little difficult to crumble. I ended up working the ingredients with my hand into a ball which was easy to work with. Overall it was fast and easy appetizer. Maybe a little chopped garlic would be good if I decide to make these again."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.