Portobello mushrooms get dressed up for the holidays with a decadent mixture of goat cheese, fresh shrimp and ginger. —Mary Ann Lee, Clifton Park, New York
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and finely chopped
- 1 log (4 ounces) herbed fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound whole baby portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Combine the shrimp, goat cheese, onions, bread crumbs, ginger, pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mound shrimp mixture into mushroom caps and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Drizzle with sesame oil.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Garnish with green onions if desired. Serve warm. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Shrimp and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p38
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review