Shrimp and Fontina Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces fontina cheese, cubed
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, Cajun seasoning and pepper. Add shrimp, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook shrimp in oil in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Transfer to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with prosciutto. Set aside.
- 3. In same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Add onions and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add cream and fontina cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat; stir in peppers. Pour over prosciutto. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 445 calories, 31 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 231 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.